ALDEN WRENCH 3pce Open End Ratchet Set Metric (Double Head) 10-17MM Made in USA
Up to sale is an old stock of First generation AldenWrench 3 pcs metric set with Patent and Made in USA stamp on the tools . Packed in a black cloth pouch.
Metric Sizes: 10mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm, 15mm, 17mm
AldenWrench is made of Stainless Steel (17-4pH).
• This stainless alloy is widely used in aerospace and in many industries.
• It’s limited hardening capacity, usually up to 38R.C. and rarely 40R.C., makes it an ideal stainless steel tool.
AldenWrench has NO chrome nor cadmium plating, a basic requirement for use in aerospace.
• Chrome plating creates a shiny and appealing look when new.
• However, it will eventually form chrome chips when the tool ages.
• Chrome chips can interfere with sensitive mechanical and electrical function.
• The shine you see with the new Alden Wrench is a result of hand polishing.
• Yes, all AldenWrenches are individually hand polished.
• Although easier scratched compared to chrome plated wrenches, the shine can always be brought back by re-buffing the AldenWrench.
AldenWrench needs only 30 degrees room to ratchet. No one else comes close.
• Coupled with small head size and a design with increasing interactive grip.
• It sets a new standard in the open end ratchet system.
AldenWrench does not need the hardness of most commercially available wrenches.
• It is usually softer by -1to -2R.C.
It’s unique interactive design creates a prying-like action of a fulcrum that transfers the force applied to the handle as a gripping action to the fastener
Because it grips more as more force is applied to the handle, it’s grip is better than most regular open wrench. Of course Alden can make it out of similar less expensive steel, but since these wrenches changed the rules, they might as well change it all the way… for good
International Buyers – Please Read:
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
- Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
- Items may ship via UPS or USPS depending on what we choose, the freight charge is not refundable.